May 3, 2015

May 03, 2015: Flagstaff

Day trip to Eloy, 1 1/2 hour south east of Phoenix. Friends of mine from The Hague are staying there.
Up early, again. Started driving at 06.00am. I decided to take my best cameras with me, because near Phoenix I have a chance to film the Saguora cacti.
In the Black Hills I took an exit of Highway 17. Pretty close to where I used to stop with tour buses, oh, about 20 years ago...
 Prickle pear and Saguroa
 Barrel cactus and cholla
One hour drving past Phoenix towards Tucson. The house is owned by Canadians who live in Canada in the summer, in the winter here, in a huge gated community.
The front yard overlooks the golf course
In the evening we had barbeque on the porch, later with wine looked at the lightning on top of the mountains in the distance. I will spend the night here, drive back to Flagstaff early tomorrow morning.
Here is Jose's blog: http://josepasschier.blogspot.com/2015/04/new-mexico-week-5.html
with foto's from the Gathering of Nations Powwow.
Below videos that I made during the Gallup Indian Ceremonial in 2002.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Ga met Jos(m)é said...

This is the right link to the pictures of the Gathering of Nations.
http://josepasschier.blogspot.com/2015/04/new-mexico-week-5.html