December 21, 2013

Dec 21, 2013: Flagstaff

I ended up not going to Window Rock/Gallup yesterday.
Thursday night it snowed. When I opened the door at 06.15 there was about 15 centimeter on the ground.
My snow shovel is next to the door. First from standing inside, I cleared the snow from the steps. Then, standing on the steps, I cleared a place to stand on the ground. And then I started shoveling. Started at 06.30, was done at 08.00.
The sun came out.
Why did I not go?

  • Although highway 40 would be plowed, the road to Window Rock would not be cleared. More snow was expecting, with the storm moving East, towards Gallup. 
  • The fleamarket in Gallup would probably be closed.
  • I might find my trailer snowed in driving back on Saturday.
I managed to cancel the motel reservation. I am going to try for next week friday......

No comments: