October 30, 2015

Oct 30: Flagstaff

Last Sunday I came home at 2 o'clock in the morning. I had the use of 3 chairs in the Greyhound bus, so not really sleeping, time went faster. Monday morning had breakfast with Toad and Julie, no changes except that two of their horses had died of heart stoppage, after a tree they were sheltering under, got hit with lightning.
Fall is here.
I had not driven my car since April. Charged my car's batteries, it started up at once! 
Went to Bookman for tea and internet. Went to FedEx to pickup mrs Schneider's package. Went to the post office, bought a box and tape there to put Mrs Schneider's camera in and paid for it to be mailed to her address in Germany. 
Went home again, dead tired. Slept for an hour in the afternoon. After 6 months of not getting enough sleep, it's like having a bad case of jet lag. I have been through thhis before. It will take about a week of minimizing dealing with people and maximum physical activities. 
My running schedule is every other day. I left my Nike GPS watch in a hotel in Canada., I'm using Garmin Forerunner 220 now. GPS reception is much better.
After 2 days of blue skies and temperatures of 20 degrees Celsius, it started raining late afternoon yesterday and it has not stopped yet.
I am flying to Holland on Nov 14. From Los Angeles. So, I now have to decide whether to take a shuttle to Phoenix and fly from there to Los Angeles, or take the overnight train from Flagstaff to Down town Los Angeles and then a transit bus to the airport.


No comments: