August 27, 2016

Aug 27: Flagstaff

Monsoon weather; first sunshine and then, late afternoon rain, for the past 10 days. Here in Flagstaff the fall has started. I saw some mushrooms yesterday and the meadow looks like this.
Yesterday Toad and Julie with all the kids went to Williams for the weekend. I had to welcome a boarder who brought 5 horses (4 adults + 1 baby). She brought them from Colorado to California. She called me at 18.30, from Gallup in New Mexico. A flat tire has caused the delay. She would be here not before 21.00.
As she would never be able to find the stable in the dark, I drove to the parking lot at the main turn off. Reading a book by Larry Niven (Hamners Fall), waiting for her call when she was 10 minutes away. When she called I turned the car lights on. I guided her to the barn.
 The mother and the baby refused to get out of the travel trailer and refused to get into the stall. That took 45 min. The rest of the horses where glad to get out of the trailer.
At five o"clock this morning I woke up, thunder and lightning above the trailer. And heavy rain. At 07.00 I'm helping the boarding, getting the horses back in the trailer. I will get wet, so I am wearing my running clothes and sandals underneath a rain coat......



No comments: