June 29, 2018

Jun 29, 2018: Flagstaff

Only sunshine in Arizona. That means temperature in Phoenix at night is about 30 Celsius. In Flagstaff, where I live it is about 30 during the day, but at night it calls off to about 17 degrees.
 2300 meters altitude does that, and snow in winter.
Since 2014, I have escaped winter in Flagstaff by staying in Athens, Greece....
My Arizona commercial driver license expires in August.
In May I went to the office here in Flagstaff to get an early renewal, I only got 1 year because my current residency card has only an extension for 1 year. (In May I renewed my permanent resident card. It takes up to 11 months to get the new card in the mail because of new Identification requirements from Homeland Security).
I went back to the office this morning to find out if I could exchange my commercial license for a regular license (valid for 5 years). The clerk said no, only 1 year. I asked to speak with the office manager, she said that based on the expiration date on the residency card sticker (now May 2019) they could downgrade to a regular license and renew for 1 year. Nobody else at the DMV office new that....



No comments: