December 9, 2018

Dec 09, 2018: Athens

I have been in the apartment 1 week now.
It is smaller than the the one I had last year, but I have a great view. And an elevator (Last year, no elevator) which makes a difference when, like yesterday, I came back from the Saturday market on Panormou Street with 3 kilos of oranges and 2 kilos of apples, plus a big bag of tomatoes and a bottle of olive oil.
There have been only 2 days of clouds and some rain, the rest of the week sunshine.
I got a cold which started 2 days ago, probably infected while being surrounded by people in the subway. Speaking of subways:
From day to day, I only have to use 1 line, the blue line from Megari Moussikis. Panormou is 2 stops,  Syntagma is 2 stops, Monastiraki is 3 stops. The blue line is the least crowded of the 3 lines in Athens. When I go running, which I do every other day, I walk 10 minutes to the American Embassy and I end at Monastiraki. From there 5 minutes by subway back to the Megari Moussikis stop to get back home.
I made yellow lentil soup yesterday. The recipe of my friend Ina which includes a piece of grated ginger is great.

No comments: