June 10, 2021

Jun 10, 2021: Patra

Today was my second Pfizer shot appointment in the Andreas Hospital, on the west side of Patras. Like the first time I would have taken the train to the last stop and walked from there to the hospital. 

Of course, today was the day of a general strike in Greece of buses and trains. What to do, what to do...
I decided to walk the whole way and if my legs got tired take a taxi.|
I started walking at 07.00am,

no taxi in sight until I got close to downtown Patras. 
But I felt good, so I continued walking all the way to the hospital.
I had a slight detour otherwise I could have done it in 1 1/2 hour for a total distance of 6.5 miles.
I got my shot at 09.30. After a mandatory wait of 30 minutes I took a taxi back to the house. 

When I got there, Mitso (the gardener) had been waiting for about 5 minutes so the timing was perfect....Taxis in Patras are cheap, I paid 10 euros.


No comments: