January 20, 2017

Athens Diary: Jan 18-26, 2017

Jan 23
The weather has been crummy the past 3 days. A lot of clouds, sometimes rain. Not cold though. Yesterday I had meatballs and bread for lunch. Afterwards I fell alseep on the couch for 2 hours. Last night I slept 7 1/2 hours, so this morning I felt well rested. My running went very well, plenty of energy.
I just finished doing the wooden floors. Vacuum, followed by a Swiffer and then scrubbing with medium hot water, followed by another Swiffer to get rid of water stains.
Running clothes in the washing machine. The next time running will be in Holland.
I am flying back to Berlin on Jan 30. Jan 31 a train to Haarlem, Holland.

Jan 22
Yesterday I went to the meat market on Athina Street.  I'm cooking for 5 people at Hara's house today.  I bought 2 kilo freshly ground beef. To make meatballs "keftedes".  26 meatballs I made.
The pictures I took with my Wilko Robby smart phone. The reason there is a haze on the left side is because there was a piece of protective plastic covering the lens. Which I hadn't noticed.

Jan 18
Took the metro to the Ambelokipi station and starting running from there to the Akropolis. At the Ambelokipi station there were 2 people checking passengers for valid tickets. Second time that I experienced a spot check.

 It rained during the run and it continued raining throug the morning. Saturday it is supposed to be better.

No comments: