November 20, 2021

Nov 20 - 23, 2021: Athens

Nov 20
I took the train this morning from Patras to Athens: a Tour bus from Patra to Kitaro (about half way), a ten minute wait and from there a train to Athens. I left Patras at 10.15 and arrived in Athens at 13.45. Walked 15 minutes to Hara's apartment. 

I had promised Hara that I would cook on Sunday and Monday,

 so I took the the metro from Victoria Square to Monastiraki. From there I walked to the Agora market to buy some meat.
from the market I walked back to Victoria Square. 
Enough walking for today. Tomorrow morning I am running: my behind the Akropolis route.

Nov 21
Hara had a birthday party last night. I did not last the whole evening, I went to sleep around 22.30.
This morning I woke up at 06.00 and when it got light enough, I went out to go for my run.
I counted 21 runner along the way.
From Thission metro station I walked through the Flea Market, where shops and restaurants just started to open up. 
At Monastiraki I took the metro back to Victoria Square

I went to the National Archeological Museum (10 minute walk from Hara's apartment) This time to the Egyptian exhibit.

Nov 22
I went to the Dutch Embassy this morning. I had some questions. Which did they could not answer.
I walked back to Monastiraki by way of the National Gardens,
Syntagma and Ermou Street. 
Near Syntagma is my favorite tea store: Madras
I bought 5 one pound bags of green tea to take with me to Patras.
From Monastiraki I took the metro back to the apartment.

Nov 23
Woke up way to early.
13.45 I left for the train station, a 15 minute walk.
Waited on the track 7 platform for the train to arrive.
14.36 On the train to Patras.
17.30 Arrived at the Patras train station.
17.38 the local Patras train to Kastellokampos.
Walked in the rain to the house.

No comments: