November 29, 2021

Nov 29, 2021: Patra

 Today was a perfectly balanced day: 
I got up at 06.30, went on the internet to look at stuff, all the while it was raining pretty heavily.
It got light enough at 07.30 to go outside, it was cloudy but dry. Fed the dogs and did stretch exercises on the terrasse.
I walked to the Rio train stop and  took the 08.10 train to the Agya train stop.

I started running from there, going North, at the end I turned around, now having a strong head wind.
I tested my new Garmin GPS watch navigation: Fenix 6x Pro.
This watch has maps! https://youtu.be/iMxErs1SAPA

After 5 km (3 miles) I stopped and walked up the street to the Lidl supermarket, getting groceries.
At 09.45 I took the train from there, back to Kastellokampos.

It started raining again. Read in my easy chair in front of the North side picture window. 
At 12.30 I was getting sleepy. Siesta time! I slept for 2 hours. Still raining on and off.
Fed the dogs again at 16.00.
Now it is getting dark. I will watch some Netflix tonight and go to bed around 22.00-22.30.

And that is it, for today.....


One more thing:

I used to run every second day, until a year ago. Muscle and tendon injuries stopped that schedule.
I switched to every third day. That worked out well.
Except, mentally it is easier to run every second day, opposed every third. 
So, I am trying the second day schedule again, keeping a close watch for calf tightness  and upper thigh muscles.


No comments: