May 22, 2022

Athens visit

On Friday I took the bus and train from Patras to Athens. Meeting up with my brother and his girlfriend. They flew in from Holland to Athens on Thursday and are renting an AirBnB until Tuesday. I am staying at my friend Hara's apartment.

The last time I saw them was in March 2020, at the beginning of the Corona era. In the evening we went to eat in a restaurant where I ate with friends every evening, 50 years ago.

A good view of the Parthenon. Recently an elevator was built for people with a handicap. You still have to take a taxi all the way up on the south side of the Plaka to get to it.
WE ate in at the same restaurant Friday and Saturday evening. All the street and restaurants around Monastiraki were very busy with people.
Saturday morning I went running, 7 km.
After a small breakfast and a lot of tea at the AirBnB we walked to the ancient cemetery: Kerameikos.
After dinner we walked back to the AirBNB and said goodbye because I am going back to Patras early Sunday morning. I took  the metro at Monastiraki to get back to my friend Hara's apartment.
On Sunday I got home in Patras at 11.55. Time to say hello to the dogs.







No comments: