December 17, 2016

Diary Athens: Dec 17-24, 2016

Dec 24
Christmas video's from the internet!

Dec 22
After 5 days of not enough sleep (noise from cars on the street wake me up at 05.00hr) I slept enough last night. It helps of course if go to bed at 21.00hr....
Went running this morning and got groceries on Athinai Street. I started reading RogerZelazny's "The Amber Chronicles" on my e-reader. Again.
Almost Christmas! Best wishes for everyone.



Dec 19
Went to the beach today.
At 11.30 the subway to Syntagma and from there the tram (line 5) towards Voulis.
The tram was full until Neo Kosmos.
I got off at the first stop after turning left along the ocean: Edem. It took 40 minutes.
 It was not a sand beach....small stones.
There is also a harbor.
Charter companies on side and a "small boat" harbor on the other side. Well, small boat is relative...
 A boat being lifted out of the water. Not a cheap operation...

Dec 18
It took me 2 weeks to realize that the sunscreens on the balcony are not locked in a down position.
Before
 After
They can be moved. So I did.
The sun comes up over the mountain at 08.30 and stays on the east side until 13.00hr.
they can be moved. So I did.
The sun comes up over the mountain at 08.30 .and stays on the east side until 13.00hr.

Dec 17
Most of the houses and apartments built from 1930-1965 have disappeared. The ones that haven't, are abandoned and boarded up.
These apartment buildings were built between 1970-1985. after Turkey threw out all the Greeks.
 5 to 6 layers. Ugly, but well built with thick walls and wooden floors.

No comments: