December 8, 2016

Diary Athens: Dec 09 - 16, 2016

Dec 16
The last 3 days, there is a cold wind blowing from the north. So, depending if you are walking in the shade or the sunny side of the strees, it is nice, or chilly. I do all my shopping on Athinai Street, 10 minutes away by metro. It is a lot cheaper than anywhere else.

Dec 15
3 days ago I looked for the tram to Eden (Beach area).
Today I found it, on the Syntagma side of the street, close to the Airport Bus stop.
 Eden

Dec 14
Stayed home today. Sitting on the balcony, in the sun.Later reading on the couch.

Dec 13
Time is flying, in Athens almost 2 weeks now.
Yesterday I had my first siesta in 5 days: I slept for 2 hours.
Needed it, traffic wakes me up at 05.00hr
Here is an interesting video: electrifying a remote Tibetan village.


Dec 11
Blue skies yesterday and today. Went running, my Natioal Gardens-Akropolis route, also called my "sunday " route, because during the week it is too busy with people.
Took the metro from Monastiraki to Panormou (9 minutes) and when I got to the exit there was a girl checking to see if everybody had a valid ticket. First time in 3 years that I have seen this.
And, also for the first time, A policeman giving a parked car a ticket.
There is 1 car parked on the sidewalk, one too close to the main street, and 1 on the other side. The cop gave only the smart car a ticket. Maybe because it is a smart car?
And some cats!
More wild life

Dec 10
One week has gone by, time to buy another chicken at the Agora market. Tomorrow I'll eat chicken legs and make soup out of the rest.

Dec 09
I am going to walk to the Panormou station, to see if the metro is still closed. I am probably not going to post everyday, because not every day something memorable happened.

No comments: