December 26, 2016

Diary Athens: Dec 25 - Jan 01, 2017

Dec 31
Still cold, but sun expected starting Sunday
Happy New Year!!!!



Dec 29
At 06.00 wet snow coming down!
I do not remember being in Athens ever with snow. It will turn to rain later today though. 2 days ago I sat on the balcony in t-shirt and shorts. Oh well, that will happen again....
I'm skipping running this morning. Too slippery outside. I'll run Friday and my tradition: New Years day.

Dec 27
I have been running for more than 40 years now. I used to run every third day for about 42 minutes.
3 years ago I had blood clots in my right leg (from a running accident), gone now, and now I run every other day around 30 minutes. Aging and injuries has had an effect on recovery time.
This  year I had a groin pull that lasted for months and also a bout of the flu in October that lasted 3 weeks.
Running the past 2 weeks in Athens
Dec 13
Split 1, average pace (moving time) 10.17 per mile (incline)
Dec 26: 1 day ago
Split 1, average pace (moving time) 09.55 per mile (incline)
In 14 dagen 22 seconds faster.
I am finally back to a satisfactory conditioning and running level.

Dec 25

No comments: