January 13, 2018

Diary Athens: Jan 13 - 19, 2018

Jan 18
I bought a sterling silver egg. The silver casing is wrapped around a solid core of some other material, 8 1/2 cm tall.
On the other side of the egg is an illustration of a seahorse and dolphins.

Jan 17
The Dutch Embassy: I left at 09.30 and took the subway to the Akropolis station. Walked from there to the Embassy. On the way some pictures
The notarisation of my "Proof of Life" document did not take long and it was free...
The last page of the four page document.
Repeat 1 year from now....

Jan 16
A lot of clouds in the morning, but it cleared up around 11.00. Laundry! (By hand)
 and Sun bathing....
After running I went to the Agora market.
1 kilo lamb. It is slow cooking now with onions, lentils, garlic and curry. Making a stew....
 and here is a sunset

Jan 15
I got a letter today from the Social Security Office in Holland. It said that I needed to get the letter notarized that I am still alive (I had to do the same in October), apparently this letter gets send out every year around my birthday. What it means is that I have to go somewhere in front of somebody who then writes on the letter that I am standing in front of him/her.
In the US I went to my bank, here in Athens I am going to the Dutch Embassy. I called them and asked for an appointment, and I was told to make an appointment through a website: www.nederlandwereldwijd.nl  So I did, I have an appointment on Wednesday.

Jan 14
Cloudy today, but it stayed dry. Cold wind from the North East.
Today was my best run since I have been in Athens.
The gaps on the timeline is for stopping at traffic lights. Today the average per mile was 30 seconds faster than on Dec 05. But that is because my uphill speed is faster and on the flat and downhill I'm recovering faster. (look at the heart rate difference)

Dec 05, 2017

Jan 13
It rained most of the night until about 10.00 this morning. Then the sun appeared.
So, I went to the "Van Gogh Alive" Exhibit. Interesting.....

No comments: