January 20, 2018

Diary Athens: Jan 20 - 26, 2018

Jan 26
Condition wise I am as good as I can get. If I lose 10 kg I would run about 20 seconds per mile faster, and then I could participate in the Olympics....Not really, I just want to keep running...
Germany
 Bryce Canyon
 Grand Canyon
 Canada
 USA: Flagstaff
Greece: Athens
 Den Haag
 Groningen

Jan 25
Yesterday and today where the coldest days, so far. Cold wind from the North, clouds and rain at night. Winter in Athens....well for Athenians, not me.

Jan 24
Utility bills came in the mail. They are 3 monthly. I went to the respective offices and payed the them (electric and water). The owner payed me back, we agreed that I would pay the gas bill (which hasn't come yet).

Jan 23
This was my morning:
Got up at 05.00. Drank tea and read newspapers on the internet. At 08.45 I walked to the Victoria station and took the Metro to Omonia. From there I walked over Stadiou Street to the
1) DEH Electric Utility office and paid the electric bill for Sep 2017-Jan 2018.
Next door was the head office of the Euro bank. I went in to ask about the possibility of opening an account. So many hoops to jump through (Although one, a 10,000.00 euro deposit is no longer required. But still needs verification, through the Dutch Embassy, of proof of residency, income, phone number, passport. In the USA I can open an account online in about 10 minutes).
I walked over Stadiou street to Syntagma to Voulou Street.
2) the Madras Tea store. 1 kilo of Chinese ChunMee tea for 3.68 euro. I am taken that back to Holland.
I took Ermou street towards Monastiraki and got vegetables at
3) The Agora Market on Athinai Street.
From there I walked to Omonia and took the metro back to Victoria station.
Total walk 6 km.
And now I'm back home and taking a 30 min siesta on the balcony. In the sun...

Jan 22
Went running this morning. In the rain (first time since I have been here), it went very well.
I have been running for +40 years now. There have been periods that I have not, when I am doing tours it is hard to with the time schedule, but I have always come back to it.
What I have noticed that conditional improvement does not go in a straight line. It seems to go horizontal for a period and then suddenly take an elevator up, stay horizontal again for a period, etc. The hard part is mental: there is no way of knowing when the elevator is there. I have to put in the miles on my 2 day schedule. Running without an end goal.
I wonder if decline works the same way, in reverse.
Does Dementia decline also stay horizontal (static) until it hits an elevator? Except that one goes down, not up.....
Anyway, pictures!

Jan 21
I stayed home the whole day, not sick anymore, but not enough energy....

Jan 20
Throwing up last night. Something I ate two days ago. I had two apples and an orange today and some Vounou (local herbal) tea.
I went to the market at Panormou this morning but other than that, I am staying home.

1 comment:

Ga met Jos(m)é said...

O, jee. Hopelijk voel je je snel weer beter.