January 5, 2018

Diary Athens: Jan 06 - 12, 2018

Jan 12
After 3 days of clouds (not cold though) sun again. I had a siesta on the balcony....
About 2 or 3 times a week I run past the old Olympic Stadium.
 The Battle at Marathon
 Past Olympics

Jan 10
It has been warmer here in Athens than last year. Last year, on this day, Athens had wet snow for about 4 hours.
I took the metro to go to the "Van Gogh Alive!" exhibit, but when I got there, I saw 6 full size tour coaches parked in front. Unloading school kids....
I did not stay, I'll go back on Saturday.
Funny Pictures

Jan 08
Garbage disposal is fairly simple: Use plastic shopping bags to collect and then take it outside to one of many containers which get emptied daily.
The grey containers are for garbage, the blue (which I do not remember seeing last year) for recyclables.
 Since Jan 1, the stores charge 6 cents for a plastic bag

Jan 07
After running I went to the National Archaeological Museum.
Busy, today free admission (1st Sunday of the month), except that the wing which houses the Egyptian artifacts, wich is what I wanted to see this time, was closed.
So, I have to come back, again...
I finished the video and uploaded to my Youtube page. The audio that I put on it was copyright protected, blocking the video world wide, so I changed out the audio on it.
I went to see my friend Hara yesterday. I took photo's of her new paintings to make a video of them, in the evening I started editing the footage.

Jan 06
I have never liked the month of December: its is dark and never seems to end. I immediately feel better when it is January. It is also the month in which I was born. Around Jan 10th a lot of comings, and goings....


No comments: