February 9, 2018

Diary Athens: Feb 10 - 16, 2018

Feb 15
It started to rain last night, and continued all day today. I ran, getting wet, which is oke, but my running shoes and socks were are also wet, which I didn't like....
I have 2 tours this year, also staying in Las Vegas, I'm going to buy 2 pairs of running shoes in the Nike outlet store. A new pair of shoes I will use 1 year for running, 1 year for walking and then they go in the trash.

Feb 14
I have been reading Science Fiction since I was 13.
Still reading it, authors like: Roger Zelazny, Jack Vance, Tim Powers, Ursula LeGuin, John Varley.
A robot video!

Feb 13
Robert Crumb, american graphic artist, now living in France.


Feb 12
Tragedy at the Grand Canyon in Arizona

It happened with a helicopter from the Papillon sightseeing company leaving from the Las Vegas airport to the West side of the Grand Canyon. Landing on the bottom near the Colorado river is still allowed there (It is Hualapai Indian reservation land). Strong winds were the cause of the crash.
Helicopters taking of from the South rim (at the Tusayan airport) have very strict flightt patterns (not allowed to go down into the canyon).

Feb 11
"How to make" Cheese videos!




Feb 10
The only "tourist" thing I have done in Athens this winter has been going to the Archaelogical museum. In the past  4 years I have been to the top of Lykabettou, to Keramaikos, Piraeus twice, and the Agora Museum, the Akropolis museum and the Akropolis once.
Do I want to live in Athens permanently? No.
I would prefer an island with a small house in walking distance to a port where I would have a small sailing boat. It does not even have to be an island, but water and a boat, yes.
That way of life is what I had when I was a kid in Holland.

No comments: