February 18, 2018

Diary Athens: Feb 17 - 23, 2018

Feb 22: Athens - Amsterdam
Brought the "Athens" luggage to my friend Hara. Cleaned the apartment, met with Helena's (the owner of the appartment) friend who came by to collect the house keys.
Took the subway to Monastiraki at 16.00 (not busy), and there changed to the airport metro (very busy). And waited at the airport until 19.00 when I could check in at Transavia. And waited some more until boarding at 20.15. A 3 hour flight and now I am waiting a lot more for the first train from Schiphol to Groningen. I was on the internet at the Starbucks until 02.00, but they are closing. The only thing open is the Burger King. It is too cold here at Schiphol to take a nap, I am taking frequent walks inside. At 05.00 A lot of people going to terminals, And a lot of most stores (Albert Heyn) were opening. The train left at 06.04. Very quiet ride to Groningen.

Feb 21
Sunshine in the morning. I went to the laundry mat to laundry. "Cleaver Wash" on 55 Ipirou Street between Acharnon and Arestoteles. 9 Euros for washing and drying, all I had to do was bring, and then pick it up 90 minutes later. Tomorrow cleaning the apartment and leave for the airport about 16.00hr.

Feb 20
Good that I went to the coast yesterday, because it rained today. Running shoes wet again....As I am flying out of Athens on Thursday, I organized my luggage that goes with me, and suitcase that stays at my friend Hara's apartment.

Feb 19
It was cloudy but dry and about 17 degrees. Took the tram to Palmyra this morning.
From Syngrou Station the tram goes to Nea Kosmos, south to the coast. From there you can go towards Voulis (did that in the past) and today I went towards Piraeus. The tram goes as far as the Olympiakos football stadium, to go to the Piraeus port you have to take the metro from there.
I got off at the Palmyra stop
 A boulevard runs along the beach. A park on the right. Free food!
 Busy today, a holiday.
 Million dollar yachts
Took the metro to Thissio station. Lots of people and lots of vendors.
 Karagiosis (Classic Greek puppet)


Feb 18
Went running at 07.00 am, at the end, taking the subway back to Omonia, lots of people in the metro, going to church, and some teenagers dressed up, with face paint. Is it Halloween today?
Anyway, At 12.00 I'm on my balcony, sunbathing or falling asleep, I'm good with whatever happens.

Feb 17
After two days of Dutch weather, sunshine again. That is why I am here....
Oranges are cheaper now than in January. From 69 cent to 49 cent per kilo.


No comments: