March 25, 2020

Mar 25, 2020: Amsterdam-Los Angeles

06.00: My brother drove me to the airport.. Check-in was easy and fast.
07:00: There were no customers at Security.
07:45: After walking through an empty terminal (all stores and food places are closed), I am now waiting at the gate (also empty). On my way.....
09.00-09.30: We are allowed to get on the plane. All 10 crew members and about 80 customers.
We had to sit in our assigned seats until after take-off.
10.00: Everybody changed seats. I got bumped up to Economy Class Comfort (more legroom) and I had 9 seats to myself.
Mar 26: 01.45 or local time Mar 25: 12.45
Arrival at Los Angeles airport. Which was totally void of passengers. Lots of staff though. The Corona virus check consisted of a forehead temperature check. Through customs, very simple, because again, no customer were there.
My friend Ingrid picked me up and we went to her house in San Pedro, where i will stay until Sunday when I leave on a night train to Flagstaff....I hope


No comments: