December 30, 2017

Diary Athens: Dec 30 - Jan 05, 2018

Jan 05
It rained yesterday, on my not running day, but today beautiful weather again. Perfect timing...I have to take the metro

to where I start running, and all the people in it have an expression on their faces as if it is going to be another bad day. That may be true for some people, but can not be for all.
In the USA I don't use public transport anymore (I drive a car in Flagstaff), but what I see in the Athens Metro, is that true in other cities in Europe as well? Modern times?

Jan 04
It started raining yesterday evening, it continued raining last night and most of today. Oh well. Sunday is the first Sunday of the month, which means that visiting museums will be free. I am going to the Archeological Museum.
I have been there twice, but this time I am going spend most of my time at the Egyptian pharaoh exhibition.
In the afternoon I will go to the Agora Museum.

Jan 02
Quiet day. Here is some Iris deMent music



Jan 01
Last night around midnight, in the street where I live there was only a little bit of fireworks, but it did not last long. I went to sleep way before midnight and went running this morning.
It was very quiet.
Running on New Years day is a tradition of mine, I have been doing it for 20 years now.

Dec 31
The weather in the USA is breaking some records.
International Falls (near Lake Erie) is -30 Fahrenheit (-34 Celsius),
Chicago is -2 Fahrenheit (-18 Celsius)
Here in Athens it is:
 On my balcony where there is no wind, it is about 20 Celsius.....

Dec 30
Beautiful day. I was at the ancient  Athens cemetery 2 years years ago, but I only took pictures and video with my cell phone.
This morning I went back with my regular camera.
From Kerameikos to the Saturday Panormou Market.
A lot of people on the Metro....


No comments: